Wednesday, October 29, 2008

The Wind Speaks

WIND(W): I'll always be there for you.
FLAME(F): But I won't be there. You can extinguish me anytime.
W: But I wouldn't do that. I wish you were a forest fire, I'd spread you around and maybe we could talk then...
F: Oh? You would cause so much of destruction, and pollute yourself in the process, just so we could talk longer?
W: That, and more.
F: I'd never cause so much of harm. Don't be so selfish.
W: Why shouldn't I? I've never done anyone any harm. Why shouldn't I have the one thing that I love?
F: Anything worth possessing can never be possessed. I'm only as good as the wax that fuels me- I shall die soon and you shall get over this madness.
W: No-
F: Yes.
(The Flame dies away.)
RAIN(R): Venting your frustration by tossing the poor clouds again, eh, m'dear.
W: Oh shut up, you've no idea.
R: On the contrary, I have a very good idea. I just wish you could cry on your own, and not use me to grieve ...
W: I can't cry! I don't even know the decent way to let go!
R: What was there to let go of?
W: That's true. She belonged to that lamp in her life and in death.... to no one.
R: Its your own feeling that you need to let go of.
W: Why didn't I know this feeling before? When she was alive and well? Why did it appear just as she was dying?
R: You were too busy testing her.
W: You are cruel! You call yourself a friend of mine??
R: Yes, I am a friend. And friends tell each other the truth. It's the truth, not me, that is so cruel.
W: The worst thing about you is that you always make sense. Yet you give me peace.
R: I don't always make sense. And I don't 'give' you peace, you find it within you in my presence.
W: Wash away those memories from me, my friend.
R: I can only wash away regret, never the memories.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

"You were too busy testing her.."

Silly wind!

Pixie said...

:)
you know how it is...