Sunday, October 5, 2008

The Avenging Angel

They cut my wings away. I never said anything. I knew it was not my time to speak out, that would only make it worse. It is in the essence of society to be hypocritical. They say they encourage free thought when they most want to supress it. Goth , Punk, Emo, no matter how rebellious you try to be , it's still a label you wear, a standard you confirm to. And maybe the only free thinker would be a subculture of one.Maybe that's why they hate my wings so much. And I had come here thinking they'd be glad for the fact that I'm here... even a nice shiny halo doesn't help much here. All they know is that you're not one of them.Maybe I should tell them I was like them once. I still am. I know the depths they've sank to, because I was in the underworld once too. The only difference is that they fail to see that its not a compulsion- it's their choice. Maybe that's why they don't understand - I show them that they could get better, but the path out is very long and dark.And so they drift on, in their delusion of being alive. I didn't come as a Messiah- I came here to forget, to start anew, to find some new friends. I suppose that's not to be. The jail cell was pretty easy to break.

And they never knew I had a pair of spare bionic ones.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yeah well i know that this one is a pretty old post but i only started reading from the first post itself. By the way this is a mesmerizing post or maybe i'm still in a pensive mood but beautifully expressed none the less :)

Pixie said...

*bow* Many Thanks :)