Friday, October 24, 2008

The Nocturnal Queen

I watch silently as the first rays of light outshine my starry eyes... blinding me, obscuring me to the world. Yet I am there. I am always there. I watch their days and the lies they live. But they tell me the truth. With the comfort of my darkness, they hide their shadows, drown their worries in a few glasses of wine, and look into my moon-mirror for the faces they hope to find.
When they feel me by their side they compose the best of their music, write moving poetry, they find themselves. The light of the day makes them wear their masks; cover the delicate wax of their hearts with the sunscreens of stoic professionalism.
I elude the ones who hide.
I delude the ones who lie.
Then there are some who wear their heart on their sleeves and their soul on their face. And it is to them that I belong. In the harshest glare of the Sun, they can find their guiding star.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Absolutely beautiful :)
Some of the punchlines are worth remembering for a lifetime :)