Saturday, August 15, 2009

The Walking Song

Lady Luck (LL): Oh give me the courage to change what I cannot accept
Pan (P) : Including, first of all, my own defect-
Puppet Master (PM) : Give me intolerance to the wrongs,
Red Rouge (RR): Oh give me a scale for my songs-
LL: Oh grant me selective blindness,so that I can not see the walls
PM : Give me the strength to take a million falls
RR: So many great doings of the past
Could not have been, but for an iconoclast
P: Oh pray let me always be the odd one out
Give me enough causes that I can do something about
PM: Whether or not I amount to anything
Would in the end be my own doing
LL: Till the day I'm dying
Oh give me the persistance to keep trying!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I wonder why no one is born perfect. And does perfection too, like beauty also lie in the eye of the beholder ?

Pixie said...

I think it does. And if a person is born perfect, they'd have nothing to improve on. That's a rather sad life. :)

Unknown said...

But, if u are already perfect, then won't you be utilizing time innovating and doing something productive for the society, beneficial for the masses rather than spending time correcting your own flaws? Makes sense ?

Pixie said...

We are rather selfish people , Sir. Most of the good we do to the world comes out of the attempts of bettering ourselves :)

Unknown said...

This is in reference to your comments on my post:
Thanks but I would've loved to see your comment on the post prior to this one :)