Saturday, August 29, 2009

The Storm Before the Calm

Puppet Master(PM): Oh Sing to me of the King Leech,
My freedom from whom is just out of reach
Pan(P): Oh play to me the song of hope and good riddance
And let me step up and take this chance
Red Rouge(RR): Oh give this restleness a direction
And mix up all fact and fiction
Lady Luck(LL): For the fairy-tale lands are mine,
And all the forsaken paths of your design
PM: I can take rain or shine on a bare back
Suspended animation is my plan of attack
P: When the world dances to my tunes, I quietly think
How much can change in a wink
RR: And so much that never changes at all,
I'll spread the word I'll have ball
LL: And I'll dream an insomaniac's lullaby
To a world that slinks quietly by
Old souls in young clothes speak often of the chances lost
And that is where we've found the most.

No comments: