Wednesday, August 12, 2009

The Broken Mirror part 2

Banshee (B): Words and words alone, can make my soul groan, swords will never hurt me.

(The shrillness of her voice shatters the Steel Witch's sword. She flees.)

Pan (P): Thanks, m'lady. I should've known a menace when I saw one.

B: Ah, the poor goat! There there.
P ( looking at the moving lump in Banshee's shirt) : Um, do you have a pet hamster or someting?
B: It's my mikezawotsky. I call him mik for short.
P: You have a rat named mikezawotsky?
B: He's not a rat. He's a mikezawotsky. They are damn rare, too. This one just took to me.
P: Oh...k. Can you make you voice a few notes lower? It's really shrill.
B: Ah, I forget. (Adjusts her pitch).Better?
P: Much. A song for the lady? (Gets a flute out of his bag).
B: For the starts, and the stars,
The breeze and for the holy wars
P: For a reason, a rhyme,
Just for a good ol' time
B: For guitar strings and broken roads,
For the mikezawotskies and the toads!
P: For the suspension of belief
For joy, pain, ecstasy and relief
B: One for the journey that never ends
One for all the hurts that time mends
Together : Oh a song for the constant evolution!
Oh a song for the faceless revolution!

No comments: