Thursday, May 21, 2009

Lady Luck

There's no such thing as luck or fate,
Knocking on wood gets you nowhere.
That's what I believe; and at any rate-
I'm already there.
I read people like open books
I read between the lines.
I don't care about the surface looks
I always know your designs.
I play with fear and I throw disguises away
I have friends for life, and enemies few.
The game of people, is what I play
And with every person it starts anew.
You'll believe I know everything about you
Because, frankly, I do.
You'll be a little scared and a little awed, too
But then you'll see my regrets and all that I wish to undo
And we'll be friends before you know it
You'll start to care about me, you'll do
And you may or may not show it
And I'll care a lot too
When I see a falling star
I'll ask for your wishes to come true
Because my wishes aren't so far
from what's desired by you
And then I'll help you, and stand by you,
I'll make you stop passing the buck
And you'll think its all some little miracle I do
And you'll call me Lady Luck.

No comments: