Thursday, January 29, 2009

The Shadow

I'm the begining and the End.
All that you fail to comprehend
The toy you broke when you were young,
The song of youth, left unsung-
The stability of age, gone unstable
A long-forgotten code, undecipherable
The wings that never took flight
I'm the wrong that never got right
The lost friend you never found-
A dying Swan's forlorn sound
Since I'm you, you never cared to know me
I'm the light you can't see
I leave your side in the dark, and I'm ever-changing in light
I'm everything that's yours, yet out of reach...out of sight.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

On similar lines.. did you ponder upon this question?

"Why is darkness called the absence of light and NOT the presence of darkness?"

Pixie said...

Beacause it is not supposed to be anything by itself, just the complement of something so neccesary to us- In short humne light ko zyada hype de di hai :)