Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Midnight Conversations : Part Two

Prisoner(P): Its odd to have the freedom and not know what to do with it, your majesty.
Night Queen (NQ): You should have listened to the Nightingale a little longer.
P: I'm afraid I'm no good at songs. Or sketches. Or dances.Or any other form of expression you encourage.
NQ: Are you aware of all that I encourage or discourage? Are you even aware of all forms of expression?
P: Well...
NQ: Don't reject what you can do before even doing it.
P: Will a conversation do?
NQ (smiling): Conversation sounds good.
P: Your stars are rather bright. Showing off your jewels?
NQ: It's the start of a new year, after all. I thought it called for a little celebration.
P: Ah! Am I invited?
NQ: Everybody who likes me is invited.
P: I like you enough then. But what's so new about this year? It's not as if life would change as the date does.
NQ: New beginnings come with some hope that we'd do better in the times ahead. I'd rather spread around that hope. And who doesn't need a reason to celebrate?
P: True, m'lady. Where's the nightingale, by the way?
NQ: Helping out someone else, I believe. Where else would she be?
P: Ah. She has no joy of her own?
NQ: That's only for her to decide, what her joy is. But lo, there comes a new dawn.
P: Pray that I get used to the freedom.
NQ: Pray that everyone finds out who they are, and they like who they are. Pray that people like the life they live.
P: Pray to whom?
NQ: To whatever or whoever you believe in.
P: I'm not sure what that is...
NQ: Have a good year ahead.

No comments: