Thursday, December 18, 2008

Freedom in a Song

Prisoner (P): Ah. Who do we have here?
Nightingale(NG): A dream and a nightmare.
P: What brings you to my door?
NG: A Queen's request, and nature's lure.
P: I don't think I understand... I never called you.
NG: You didn't call the Wind or the Rain. They were here, too.
P: They are friends. They can come whenever time they get.
NG: So am I, you just don't know it yet.
P: your song is strange. I've never heard it before.
NG: Fool! It is your song, your scale, your score.
Her Majesty has sent me for you- for you are in the want of a song.
A song for love, maybe? For the maiden to whom you belong?
A song for freedom, maybe? For the world you've seen through so many different views-
all but your own. Or maybe you want a muse?
An inspiration, to whom you can dedicate your thought to
Or a guide, who can tell you all that you ought to?
P: I know not what I want. I know not what I need.
NG: You've let insecurity breed.
Your muse, yor guide, your love- they await you.
There's but one thing you need to do.
P: What! Name it and it shall be done!
NG: Break these walls and run!
P: The walls won't break. I've tried.
It's because of that I've cried.
NG: You knew that they won't. Now know that they will.
I'm that magic spell, that miracle pill
that makes it so. Believe in me.
P: I believe, I belive in thee.
(The Wall breaks).
P: Oh! Thank you! You've freed me!
NG: Fool! You've freed thee.
P: But you're the magic wand , the miracle pill-
NG: I am your belief- the belief you never had on your own skill.
What good is a wall broken, when you're sure to make more?
You're still named the Prisoner, forever shutting the door
and then you wonder why you're left alone.
You made the prison-walls, not of stone:
but of fear and doubt.
didn't you wonder how rain and wind and I could come about?
The Walls never existed for us- they were created just for you.
You don't know how to be free- you haven't got a clue:
You think you are free by communicating from your shell-
second hand experiences wont serve you well.
get out, and never be the Prisoner again!
First of all, go change your name!
P: It's all a lie? I've been living a lie? What of my maiden by the Sea?
NG: It was truth to you - as true as can be.
But only to your mind. The maiden would be found -
you're free now, so start looking around.
P: I should thank you- but I've not yet ajusted to not being what I was for so long.
NG: It's ok, it takes time to sing any song.
P: What is my name now? Where do I go ? What do I do?
NG: Sing along, it'll come to you.

No comments: