Saturday, March 28, 2009

The Butterfly Speaks

Butterfly (B): ummm.... Hello, sir.
Lunatic (L) : Hello? Are you talking to me?
B: There's no one else here. Who else would I talk to?
L(pointing towards his shadow): There's him.
B: Speaking to you is speaking to him, I suppose.
L: Not always. But go on?
B: Well... you haven't moved in a long while... and you come here often... so I just thought I'll just check if everything's ok. Sorry if I bothered you.
L: Oh, no problem. He says I should move around more, too. I was, in fact, trying to study you.
Shadow (S) : You fool! You do not say that to somebody's face!
B: Study me? What do you mean?
L: Well... the way you fly doesn't seem to have any pattern...
B: That's true. It doesn't have a pattern.
L: But it must.
B: Find an algorithm for the flowers that smell the sweetest, in descending order, add to it the direction of wind that makes it the easiest to fly, and the leaves that look the greenest. Then you may have a clue. But it still won't be perfect because you'll have to add my mood, and that really has no pattern.
L: You like being a riddle?
B: I just like being me. It's you who make a riddle out of it.
L: Don't take offense, please.
B: I don't like being studied. Goodbye.
S: I told you not to!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It is not always good to solve a riddle.

Pixie said...

It isn't. I'm not solving it, I'm compounding the problem :)