Monday, June 8, 2009

The Puppet Master

If you're looking for an angel, you're knocking on the wrong door-
You're looking for something new, I'm everything you've seen before
I'm the background of the foreground
I'm the loudest without making a sound
You're boundless in the bounds I define
You're in my hands, you're never mine.
I'm the misunderstood who understood everyone
I didn't even do the things I've done
And I've done everything you wished to do
I'm familiar because I'm always new
No, I don't mix up these strings in my hands
No, you don't have to follow my commands
Those are my strings in your hands, and we're square
Get back in your cage and you'll get there
A simple rule, and oh the happiness it brings-
You're never free without a few tied strings.

2 comments:

Internet Person said...

This is really, really good! :-)

Pixie said...

Thanks! :)